Cyprus is widely regarded as one of the world’s most attractive jurisdictions for international tax planning. A member of the euro zone, the island combines its global network of 46 double taxation avoidance treaties with outstanding holding and shipping regimes and the lowest tax rate in the EU, set at a flat 12.5%.
Cyprus possesses the following major advantages:
- Full participation exemption for tax resident companies on dividend income;
- No withholding tax on the distribution of dividends, interest and royalties;
- No taxation on profits from the sale of securities;
- No CFC, thin capitalization, transfer pricing or substance legislation;
- Unilateral tax credit relief irrespective of the existence of a tax treaty;
- No taxation on liquidation of a Cyprus company;
- No taxation on profits arising from ownership, operation and management of vessels;
- Full adoption of EU Directives.
Cyprus has become the financial center of choice for structuring investments and transactions involving:
- Emerging markets such as Russia, Eastern Europe, India, China, South Africa and the Middle East;
- The established markets of Europe and North America.
Languages spoken: Greek, English, Russian, Ukrainian, Lithuanian, German, Armenian, Spanish and Italian.
For more information about structuring through Cyprus and Amicorp Cyprus services, please see the specialized Amicorp brochure.
For more detailed information about Amicorp’s service offering, our commitment to global transparency and compliance, and Amicorp’s own four pillars of Assurance, please visit our Services page.