The role requires an experienced Compliance professional with proven Risk Management and Compliance experience in financial, accounting services or trust & fiduciary services, who will be accountable to run an efficient and effective Compliance function that ensures that all enterprise risks are monitored and addressed while enabling smooth business. The role holder will be primarily responsible to
lead the compliance in the local office, with accountability to implement and maintain Amicorp’s Enterprise Risk Management framework – ensure there is an effective compliance framework, infrastructure, controls and associated policies, whereby the office complies with applicable local laws and regulations, supervisory requirements, as well as internal policies and procedures, while identifying and solving issues to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Assist the Compliance Officer ("CO") in developing and implementing the risk and compliance
framework and policies, through effective execution of compliance tasks and identification and
reporting of areas of improvement.
- Ensure that the local office and client entities are compliant with applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitor client acceptance, conduct on-going review of client files, transaction monitoring and
- Assist the Compliance Officer with the monitoring, interpretation and analysis of existing and
prospective legislation or regulations which may impact the business and/or clients;
- Discuss with Structure Account Managers (“SAM”) and Account Managers (“AM”) and Money
Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”) on unusual transactions.
- Ensure that Amicorp’s KYC, Anti-money laundering, Countering Terrorist Financing (AML/CFT)
and Anti-Bribery and Corruption systems and On-boarding controls are adequate;
- Responsible for the management of a portfolio of client companies in conjunction with SAMs
and AMs: manage and grow excellent relations with existing clients to ensure a good
understanding of the clients business and structure to conduct a robust review to alleviate risks
and ensure compliance with the changing regulatory landscape;
- Locally assist with compliance projects from the initiation and planning stages through execution
- Work with Group Compliance and Learning and Development team to provide compliance
related training and informal coaching to SAMs and AMs.
- Undertake the role of director, trustee, nominee, manager, partner, secretary, authorized
signatory or any related position in internal entities or client entities of Amicorp Group, where
necessary and required by the Management.
- Undertake such other duties, related to the position, as may from time to time be agreed with
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree and other relevant professional qualifications.
- Over 4 years’ previous experience of working in a compliance function. Experience in a financial
services business and liaising with regulators preferred
- Solid understanding of local and international tax and regulations including exposure to CRS,
FATCA, BEPS, GAAR
- Strong commercial mindset, takes initiative, positive and proactive, dedicated, focused and
revenue and target driven.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent client facing skills. Well-developed spoken and written communication skills and the
ability to tailor style to relevant audiences, and successfully liaise with people at different levels.
Excellent English language fluency; additional languages preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, solution driven, highly organized and
detail-orientated with good decision making and time management skills. Independent, hands-on
and takes accountability to deliver solutions and results.
- Ability to adapt and work in a smaller, dynamic local team environment; along with being part of
a bigger matrix organization. Proven leadership and team player skills, with ambition to excel in