Andetta Private Equity is a privately held alternative investment group with main interests in the emerging markets of Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Latin America. Through an experienced and hands-on team combined with a global partner network, our client’s funds can grant professional investors access to alternative and traditional investments in highly regulated and difficult-to-access markets.
The role holder will be responsible for the Capital Markets and Asset Management risk function to identify, assess, monitor and make timely and measured judgments on all current and potential future risks faced by the team. The role holder must understand the business, the strategy, processes, products and services provided to clients by the Capital and Asset Management team.
- Lead the Risk function, supporting growth aspirations of the team while retaining the appropriate risk management discipline to achieve strategic goals.
- Maintain direct and/or functional oversight of the team's operations from a risk management perspective.
- Identify emerging risk issues and initiate mitigation strategies.
- Work closely with Monetary Authority of Singapore ("MAS") and regulators in other markets to ensure implementation of local/cross border regulatory risk frameworks.
- Communicate and oversee implementation of risk strategy and policies throughout the business.
- Monitor effectiveness of implementation of risk strategy and policies.
- Liaise with the Compliance officers in the legal entities to ensure adherence to Compliance policies and risk is effectively managed.
- Ensure that a rigorous Operational Risk and Internal Control structure is established and implemented throughout the business and that appropriate controls are implemented.
- Risk Strategy and Risk Identification across Investment Risk, Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Market Risk, Compliance Risk, and Reputational Risk.
- Evaluate and implement technology solutions for risk management and monitor risk related projects.
Profitability Performance and Growth:
- Lead by example by driving a solution focused compliance culture, balancing commercial interests with effective risk management.
- Monitor own productivity and performance. Solve issues arising from delivery and timeliness relating to compliance.
- Provide commercial leadership with respect to all client activities to ensure appropriate billing is done for work undertaken for managing risk and compliance.
- Build and maintain strategic business relationship with business and clients; guide the team to build relationships and ensure timely and quality delivery.
Process and Controls:
- Ensure profitability and performance aligned with the business plan. Continuous review of risk framework to ensure compliance policies, procedures and agreements are consistently met.
- Ensure that the new business is in alignment with the Risk framework and appraise the Sales Leader/Market Coordinator on adequate measures to be taken to provide adequate solutions.
- Ensure compliance with statutory authorities and audit requirements.
- Ensure contingency plans are in place for all services to include business recovery plans.
- Maximize utilization of resources and drive cost control measures across operations.
- Undertake the role of director, trustee, nominee, manager, partner, secretary, authorized signatory or any related position in internal entities or client entities of Amicorp Group, where necessary and required by the Management.
- Undertake such other duties, related to the position, as may from time to time be agreed with Management.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or another related field combined with ongoing professional development, such as post-graduate or vocational study in risk or compliance.
- Hands on experience in Risk operations in the Asset Management, Wealth Management or Private Banking business, preferably across geographies.
- Experience in setting up risk management frameworks and implementing them across multi -jurisdictional locations.
- Experience of creating, developing and leading a team.
- FRM qualifications ideal, not necessary.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of operational efficiency issues and quality management and control matters.
- Commercial drive and a proven ability to penetrate the required market. Takes initiative, positive and proactive, dedicated, focused and revenue and target driven.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Successful team management experience including performance management and employee development.
- Excellent client facing skills. Well-developed spoken and written communication skills and the ability to tailor style to relevant audiences, and successfully liaise with people at different levels. Excellent English language fluency; additional languages preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, solution driven, highly organized and detail-orientated with good decision making and time management skills. Independent, hands-on and takes accountability to deliver solutions and results.
- Ability to adapt and work in a smaller, dynamic local team environment; along with being part of a bigger matrix organization. Proven leadership and team player skills, with ambition to excel in the role.
- Willingness to travel for business within new markets.