This role requires an experienced Compliance professional with proven Risk Management and Compliance experience in financial, accounting services or trust & fiduciary services. You will be primarily responsible to lead the Compliance operations in the local office, with accountability to implement and maintain Amicorp’s Risk Management Framework – by making sure there is an effective compliance framework, infrastructure, controls and associated policies, thereby ensuring that the office complies with applicable local laws and regulations, supervisory requirements, as well as internal policies and procedures. You will be accountable to run an efficient and effective Compliance function that ensures that all enterprise risks are monitored and addressed while enabling smooth business.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the risk and compliance framework and policies, through effective execution of compliance tasks and identification and reporting of areas of improvement; and ensure that Group policies and procedures are implemented in line with local laws and regulations.
- Ensure that the local office and client entities are compliant with applicable laws and regulations.
Assist the Local Management Team (“LMT”) with the monitoring, interpretation and analysis of existing and prospective legislation or regulations which may impact the business and/or clients.
- Complete the regulatory filings with the Central Bank and other relevant bodies as required, Act as the main point of contact with Regulators, when necessary and be responsible for compliance-related audits.
- Monitor client acceptance, conduct on-going review of client files, transaction monitoring and risk review; Discuss with Senior Account Managers (“SAM”) and Account Managers (“AM”) and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”) on unusual transactions. Highlight all identified risks and compliance issues as well as solutions to the LMT and the Group.
- Ensure that Amicorp’s KYC, Anti-money laundering, Countering Terrorist Financing (AML/CFT) and Anti-Bribery and Corruption systems and On-boarding controls are adequate. Review and assess compliance breaches, escalate as necessary and work with the local Management Team (LMT) and Group Compliance to remediate and resolve any identified issues.
- Support the LMT and business in responding to client needs on an ongoing basis. Responsible for the relationship management of a portfolio of client companies in conjunction with SAMs and AMs: manage and grow excellent relations with existing clients to ensure a robust review to alleviate risks and ensure compliance with the changing regulatory landscape.
- Support business strategy of the local office, representing the compliance capabilities to clients and business partners. Build sound relationships and engage the Sales team, in order to fully understand the products, solutions and services being offered and ensure they are compliant with local laws and regulations.
- Work with LMT, Head of Compliance and Compliance Operations team in Bangalore on various projects. Locally accountable for the management of projects from the initiation and planning stages through execution and completion.
- Work with Group Compliance and Learning and Development team to provide compliance related training and informal coaching to SAMs and AMs. Compile and ensure data sanity with respect to compliance related information in the IT systems.
- Relevant degree or masters (Law degree desirable), and other relevant professional qualifications. Solid understanding of local and international tax and regulations including exposure to CRS, FATCA, BEPS, GAAR.
- Over 8 years’ previous experience of establishing and/or working in a compliance function. Experience in a financial services business and liaising with regulators preferred.
- Well-developed spoken and written communication skills and the ability to tailor style to relevant audiences. Excellent English language fluency; additional languages preferred.
- Takes initiative and solution driven. Strong analytical & problem solving skills. Independent, hands-on and takes accountability to deliver solutions and results.
- Ability to adapt and work in a smaller, dynamic local team environment; along with being part of a bigger matrix organization. Proven leadership and team player skills. High standards in terms of deliverables and delivering quality output on time.