The role holder will be responsible for the Capital Markets and Asset Management risk function to identify, assess, monitor and make timely and measured judgments on all current and potential future risks faced by the team. The role holder will be primarily responsible to lead the compliance in the local office, with accountability to implement and maintain Amicorp’s Enterprise Risk Management framework – ensure there is an effective compliance framework, infrastructure, controls and associated policies, whereby the office complies with applicable local laws and regulations, supervisory requirements, as well as internal policies and procedures, while identifying and solving issues to ensure the smooth running of the business. The role holder must understand the business, the strategy, processes, products and services provided to clients by the Capital and Asset Management team.
- Develop and implement the risk and compliance framework and policies, through effective execution of compliance tasks and identification and reporting of areas of improvement.
- Ensure that Group policies and procedures are implemented in line with local laws and regulations; and the local office and client entities are compliant with applicable laws and regulations.
- Act as the main point of contact with Regulators, when necessary and be responsible for compliance-related audits; complete the regulatory filings with the Central Bank and other relevant bodies as required. - Work closely with the regulators in other markets to ensure implementation of local/cross border regulatory risk frameworks.
- Maintain direct and/or functional oversight of the operations from a compliance and risk management perspective.
- Identify emerging risk issues and initiate mitigation strategies.
- Monitor client acceptance, conduct on-going review of client files, transaction monitoring and risk review.
- Assist the Local Management Team (“LMT”) with the monitoring, interpretation and analysis of existing and prospective legislation or regulations which may impact the business and/or clients; Highlight all identified risks and compliance issues as well as solutions to the LMT and the Group.
- Discuss with Senior Account Managers (“SAM”) and Account Managers (“AM”) and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”) on unusual transactions.
- Ensure that Amicorp’s KYC, Anti-money laundering, Countering Terrorist Financing (AML/CFT) and Anti-Bribery and Corruption systems and On-boarding controls are adequate; Review and assess compliance breaches, escalate as necessary and work with the local Management Team (LMT) and Group Compliance to remediate and resolve any identified issues.
- Responsible for the management of a portfolio of client companies in conjunction with SAMs and AMs: manage and grow excellent relations with existing clients to ensure a good understanding of the clients business and structure to conduct a robust review to alleviate risks and ensure compliance with the changing regulatory landscape.
- Locally accountable for the management of compliance projects from the initiation and planning stages through execution and completion.
- Support business strategy of the local office, representing the compliance capabilities to clients and business partners.
- Build sound relationships and engage the Sales team, in order to fully understand the products, solutions and services being offered and ensure they are compliant with local laws and regulations.
- Communicate and implement the risk strategy and policies throughout the business. Monitor effectiveness of implementation of risk strategy and policies.
- Liaise with the Compliance officers in the legal entities to ensure adherence to Compliance policies and risk is effectively managed.
- Ensure that a rigorous Operational Risk and Internal Control structure is established and implemented throughout the business and that appropriate controls are implemented.
- Risk Strategy and Risk Identification across Investment Risk, Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Market Risk, Compliance Risk, and Reputational Risk.
- Evaluate and implement technology solutions for risk management and monitor risk related projects.
- Work with Group Compliance and Learning and Development team to provide compliance related training and informal coaching to SAMs and AMs.
- Undertake the role of director, trustee, nominee, manager, partner, secretary, authorized signatory or any related position in internal entities or client entities of Amicorp Group, where necessary and required by the Management.
- Undertake such other duties, related to the position, as may from time to time be agreed with Management.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree and other relevant professional qualifications.
- Over 10 years’ previous experience of establishing and/or working in a compliance function. Experience in a financial services business and liaising with regulators preferred
- Hands on experience of over 10 years in Compliance and preferably Risk in the Asset Management, PE/ VC Funds, preferably across geographies.
- Solid understanding of local and international tax and regulations including exposure to CRS, FATCA, BEPS, GAAR.
- Strong commercial mindset, takes initiative, positive and proactive, dedicated, focused and revenue and target driven.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent client facing skills. Well-developed spoken and written communication skills and the ability to tailor style to relevant audiences, and successfully liaise with people at different levels. Excellent English language fluency; additional languages preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, solution driven, highly organized and detailorientated with good decision making and time management skills. Independent, hands-on and takes accountability to deliver solutions and results.
- Ability to adapt and work in a smaller, dynamic local team environment; along with being part of a bigger matrix organization. Proven leadership and team player skills, with ambition to excel in the role.