Responsible for legal matters regarding entities, structures, and transactions of Amicorp Group and client entities, as well as legal, regulatory, and contractual aspects in relation to governmental authorities, regulators, auditors, intermediaries, partners, vendors, lessors, banks; ensuring compliance with all applicable treaties, directives, laws, decrees, rules and regulations; managing internal and external legal matters.
- Ensuring internal entities are in good standing with respect to statutory and regulatory requirements. Regular proactive monitoring of statutory, regulatory and compliance requirements of all group entities across the globe.
- Working with offices to implement policies and procedures regarding legal due diligence, good standing and compliance with legal, regulatory and compliance obligations of group companies in respective jurisdictions and handling all legal and administrative matters of internal entities.
- Reviewing, amending, updating and approving all standard corporate and commercial agreements, documents and legal manuals for client entities.
- Drafting, amending and reviewing legal documents; standard as well as special documents; responsible for drafting and preparation of non-standardized legal documentation.
- Monitoring legal and regulatory aspects of product development and information.
- Following and studying legal (corporate and tax law) and regulatory developments in the relevant jurisdictions.
- Drafting of vendor and other business agreements for the Group as well as for the client entities where required.
- Developing and updating the legal manuals, policies and procedures and contributing to the development and maintenance of the systems to support the same.
- Coordinating and supervising legal disputes with third parties in coordination with Head of Group Legal.
- Providing legal training and distributing legal information, explanation and advice about corporate and tax law as deemed necessary to internal clients.
- Providing strategic and operational legal support to other offices on internal, client, intermediary and regulatory matters.
- Acting as the Data Protection Officer for Amicorp Group; profound knowledge of and experience with data protection laws and the EU GDPR; drafting policies, procedures and agreements related to the EU GDPR and data protection laws.
- Assisting local management teams (LMT) and account managers (AM) in solving complex legal issues and guiding them if legal problems aris.
- Acting as a trusted advisor to clients/client entities and charging for the client work.
- Working directly with our clients as well as AMs in analyzing and interpreting regulations, procedures, documents relating to our clients’ legal matters.
- Monitoring productivity and chargeability on a weekly basis and reviewing productivity and performance against targets to ensure that individual financial and client targets are met.
- Accurate recording of chargeable time and value of service using Maconomy in order to facilitate timely invoices.
- Undertake the role of director, trustee, nominee, manager, partner, secretary, authorized signatory or any related position in internal entities or client entities of Amicorp Group, where necessary and required by the Management.
- Undertake such other duties, related to the position, as may from time to time be agreed with Management.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Law, specialized in Contract Law and Company Law, additional relevant qualifications would be desirable.
- At least 15 years of relevant working experience within the corporate services business and/or financial services sectors (preferably with international exposure). Additional relevant company law qualifications would be highly beneficial.
- Good understanding of key financial services and industry related legislation. Familiar with international requirements, e.g. laws and regulations regarding beneficial ownership, controlling persons, tax compliance, tax reporting, economic substance, data protection, intra-group agreements regarding outsourcing/delegation of services, transfer pricing, cross-border transfers of assets, corporate governance, legal and contractual liabilities, documentation regarding investment funds and financial transactions, relevant to the clients and entities in target markets.
- Strong commercial mindset, takes initiative, positive and proactive, dedicated, focused and revenue and target driven.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent client facing skills. Well-developed spoken and written communication skills and the ability to tailor style to relevant audiences, and successfully liaise with people at different levels. Excellent English language fluency; additional languages preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, solution driven, highly organized and detail-orientated with good decision making and time management skills. Independent, hands-on and takes accountability to deliver solutions and results.
- Ability to adapt and work in a smaller, dynamic local team environment; along with being part of a bigger matrix organization. Proven leadership and team player skills, with ambition to excel in the role.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of operational efficiency issues and quality management and control matters.