AMICORP MALTA -
ENHANCED CORPORATE SERVICE OFFERING
International business today opens a new era of complex regulatory compliance and global tax development requirements. These developments are forcing corporations to take action in order to become and remain compliant with the ever-changing regulatory environment.
Working with an international business partner with expert local knowledge, customized solutions, and extensive global and local networks can help you improve your business overall and also ensure that you stay on top of these regulatory developments.
Amicorp offers both a global network and experience working with businesses internationally. We also have a track record of being at the forefront of global developments and can benefit you and your business by offering a wide range of solutions and services. Our directorship and governance services, CFO assist services, assurance services, corporate secretarial services, compliance, and other enhanced corporate services will augment the governance and substance in Malta.
To establish the economic substance, entities are required to be managed and controlled from that jurisdiction. Depending on its core income-generating activities, they are also required to maintain an appropriate level of assets, employees, functions, assumption of risks and use, and enjoy the income received. It is also necessary to justify the business reasons driving the establishment and functions of the entity through one particular jurisdiction. Amicorp can work with you on collecting, applying, emphasizing, and documenting the business reasons for each structure and transaction.
GLOBAL TRENDS IMPACTING INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
The increasing volume of regulatory compliance obligations creates a significant burden on multinational companies to comply and adapt successfully to these changes. Some of these obligations include:
- Reporting obligations such as the Common Reporting Standard (CRS), Mandatory Disclosure Rules (MDR),and Country by Country Reporting (CbCR) are increasing the transparency towards authorities across the globe
- Around 130 jurisdictions have adopted the OECD's Base Erosion Profit Shifting (BEPS) project. Theintention is to combat tax avoidance by multinationals shifting profits from high-tax jurisdictions to entities inlow/zero tax jurisdictions without adequate economic substance. Domestic tax legislation and tax treatiesare updated to require transactions driven by genuine business reasons and not fiscal driven
- Introduction of Place of Effective Management (POEM) and detailed substance requirements in manycountries require key management and commercial decisions to be taken locally as well as an adequatelevel of local expenditures, availability of personnel, and office space
To remain compliant with both local and international developments, multinational groups must take a closer look at their governance structure and create a standard set of global processes, procedures, and data requirements that can help improve the governance of their cross-border activities, reduce risks, and maintain the focus on the business and core competencies.
OUR VALUE-ADDED SERVICES
We offer various and specific services that will help clients adapt, manage, and ensure uninterrupted business continuity. We offer a complete suite of local support services; these services can be tailored to the specific client's needs.
For example, holding companies generally focus on ensuring that all-important board decisions are made in holding jurisdiction. For trading companies, the focus is to have adequate human and material resources to manage their participation and ensure that services have been rendered. Companies should also consider having a sufficient workforce locally to perform the trading activities.
To ensure the continued and seamless execution of your business, we can assist clients in securing local substance in Malta by:
- Providing different types of directorship services for clients (e.g., corporate directors, personal directors) based on profile and experience in the specific market segment (to align the required added value and economic substance with the specific entity)
- Convening and holding periodic physical board meetings in the entity jurisdiction, including minute taking
- Domiciliation services, including the provision of a registered office address, temporary or permanent leasing of offices, or the provision of furnished office space, and other support services
- Enhanced added value by bookkeeping, opening a local bank account
- Corporate legal and secretarial services and governance
- Tax compliance services, including VAT registration and filing services, assistance with the preparation and submission of tax returns
- Assessment of the impact of the recent regulatory compliance and global tax development requirements on your entity
- Relocation services
- Payroll and HR services, including assisting with hiring or seconding staff
CFO Assist Services
Additionally, depending on your business requirements, we can support you by engaging as strategic partners together with your finance department to ensure quality CFO assist services. You can define your preferred engagement model of choice. We understand and execute various accounting projects and manage financial processes for you, allowing you to focus on more extensive strategic matters. We also offer virtual, part-time, interim, special purpose, and full-time CFOs, providing you with the required assistance for building business plans, corporate structuring, forecasting, and budgeting.
ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH US
Amicorp provides services to clients at all levels of their business life cycle, including a broad range of service offerings for international cross-border structuring and fiscal planning. Using the expertise and capabilities of our global network of offices and professionals, we guarantee:
- Experienced experts who will provide top-quality services at reasonable prices
- Expertise throughout the lifecycle of client's transactions
- Proactive, commercial with a collaborative approach
- Through our network of offices, we work with trusted partners globally
- Local support speaking your language
Amicorp Malta Limited is authorised by the Malta Financial Services Authority to act as a Trustee or Co-Trustee to provide Fiduciary Services in terms of the Trusts and Trustees Act and to act as administrators of Private Foundations in terms of Article 43(12)b of the Trusts and Trustees Act.
For more information:
Colin Gregory, Managing Director (Amicorp Malta) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Scicluna, Director – Legal and Corporate Services (Amicorp Malta) - email@example.com
Alex Du Cane, Senior Account Manager (Amicorp Malta) - firstname.lastname@example.org